Brief History of the College

Welcome to Yaba College of Technology. "Yaba the Great"  as the College is fondly known today, started out as a technical institute which succeeded the Yaba Higher College in October, 1947 and stands to be the Premier Higher Institution in the country.

The College was first called "Yaba College of Technology" through Decree 23 in 1969 and again, Decree 33 of 1979 re-named it "Federal Polytechnic Yaba". However, as a result of persistent pressure mounted on Government, in 1980, Government agreed to spare the original name of the College and it reverted to its old name of "Yaba College of Technology"

The main objectives of the College, according to the    decree establishing it, is to provide full time and part-time courses of instruction and training in Technology, Commerce and Management, and in such other field of Applied learning relevant to the need of the development of Nigeria in the areas of industrial and Agricultural production and distribution and for research in the development and adaptation of techniques as the Council of the College may from time to time determine.

In Pursuit of this objectives, the College has continued to develop structurally, humanly and materially and Today is made up of nine(9) academic units called Schools, headed by Deans and Thirty-four(34) Departments headed by Heads of Departments.     

Facts and Figures

The College Journals